Monday, December 15, 2008

Armageddon Results and Reactions

Here are last night's Armageddon results, with the man who picked the winner in parentheses:

  • Jeff Hardy defeated Edge and Triple H to win the WWE Championship (None)
  • John Cena defeated Chris Jericho to retain the World Heavyweight Championship (Slammitie)
  • Batista defeated Randy Orton (Slammitie)
  • C.M. Punk defeated Rey Mysterio to become the #1 Contender for the Intercontinental Championship (Both)
  • Finlay defeated Mark Henry in a Belfast Brawl (Slammitie)
  • Vladimir Kozlov defeated ECW Champion Matt Hardy (Slammitie)
  • The Face Divas defeated The Heel Divas in an Excuse for Tits and Ass Match...I mean Santa's Little Helpers Match (Ropes, since Slammitie never officially posted his pick on the blog)
That makes the final score Slammitie: 5, Ropes: 2

Ropes' Reaction:
Why do I suck at this game? I'm on a losing streak of MVP proportions. That was too easy. Let me try again. I'm on a losing streak of Barry Horowitz proportions. I'll even go one further. I'm on a losing streak of MVP, Barry Horowitz, and S.D. "Special Delivery" Jones proportions. That's a lot of jobbing, folks.
So Jeff Hardy won. Interesting. Watching Hardy chase the title was fun, but now that he's the champion, the only question I have is "What now?" Really, what else can WWE do to make Jeff Hardy compelling now that he is the champion? I doubt he'll be the WWE Champion going into Wrestlemania. The interest wouldn't be as great as him going into Wrestlemania as the challenger. Plus, we still don't know who jumped him in the hotel room. You can believe that the hotel room incident and the WWE title will cross paths in the coming weeks. For now, I'm just pissed I missed him win the title. Slammitie and I were at MSG when Hardy lost to Orton in January and I really wanted Hardy to win. Now I have to wait until the match comes out on the Armageddon DVD. I mean, YouTube.
As for the rest of the results, I'm disappointed for the most part. There's no point in complaining about Cena still being champion because I'm sure there is a good angle down the road involving Cena as champion and I'll just end up thinking that Jericho not winning the title was a good thing. Punk was the obvious choice for his match. The rest didn't really affect me much, although I wish my picks had panned out.
Now I have to shave Slammitie's back hair as per our Armageddon bet. Gross.

Slammitie's Reaction:
Slammetie here, and my back is as smooth as Rope's behind (he did an awful job, but what can I expect from a man who grew his first facial hair at the age of 22?) As usual, I kicked butt in the prediction pool... okay, so not EVERYTHING I thought was going to happen did happen. I didn't even vote for the diva match, and "why" you ask? Because sometimes they try SO hard to make the divas look like legitimate wrestlers, and then sometimes they force them to dress like a bunch of hoochies and shake their asses for us instead of competing in a meaningful match. McCool vs Maria for the Diva's Championship? No, they'd rather complete a McCool heel turn that no one cares about in a way that was totally lost on the fans, but such is life. There's still a leprechaun running around under the ring rather than running around the rather large intestine of Mark Henry, and the Jeff Hardy angle I so expertly posed went down the toilet faster than the patches of hair that Ropes shaved off my back. But overall it seemed like a good show. Due to poor economic times, I opted not to pay the money to see it, and now I regret it, because I've been pulling for Jeff Hardy to win the Championship since he faced The Undertaker in a ladder match for the Undisputed Championship umpteen years ago.

No comments: